Presidential Scholars Julia Hyland Bruno and Matthew Sachs, who will be completing the PSSN program this semester, will discuss their cross-disciplinary journeys, research findings and conclusions, and next steps in their careers.
- Julia Hyland Bruno, Presidential Scholar in Society and Neuroscience at Columbia University
Talk Title: An Interdisciplinary and Comparative Approach to Animal Communication
- Peter Bearman, Jonathan R. Cole Professor of Sociology at Columbia University
- George Lewis, Edwin H. Case Professor of Music at Columbia University
- Matthew Sachs, Presidential Scholar in Society and Neuroscience, Columbia University
Talk Title: A Neurobehavioral Account of Emotion Dynamics and Their Implications for Mental Health
- Moderated by Pamela Smith, Seth Low Professor of History, Chair of Presidential Scholars in Society and Neuroscience and Director of the Center for Science and Society at Columbia University
Free and open to the public. Columbia University ID holders and invited guests may attend in person; others may attend on Zoom. Registration is required via Eventbrite. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
This event is hosted by Presidential Scholars in Society and Neuroscience.
The Center for Science and Society makes every reasonable effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities. If you require disability accommodations to attend a Center for Science and Society event, please contact us at [email protected] or (212) 853-1612 at least 10 days in advance of the event. For more information, please visit the campus accessibility webpage.