The event recording is available via YouTube.
- Jonathan Beller, Professor of Humanities and Media Studies and Critical and Visual Studies, Pratt Institute
- Vanessa Bentley, Department of Philosophy, University of Cincinnati
- Hannah Fitsch, Scientific Assistant, ZIFG – Center for Interdisciplinary Women’s and Gender Studies, Technische Universität Berlin
- Gina Rippon, Professor and Chair of Cognitive Neuroimaging, Aston Brain Centre, Aston University
- Brain images are increasingly important in scientific and public discourse of sex and difference. Feminist scholars from neuroscience, philosophy, and cultural & media studies discuss how sex/gender gets into brain images, and what we can (and can’t) get out of such images.
This event is free and open to the public.
Sponsored by the Center for Science and Society and the Department of Women’s, Gender & Sexuality Studies at Barnard College.