Presidential Scholars Raphael Gerraty and Matthew Sachs will discuss their current cross-disciplinary research and findings. Their faculty mentors from psychology, neuroscience, philsosophy, and music will also join the event.
- Raphael Gerraty, Presidential Scholar in Society and Neuroscience at Columbia University
- Talk Title: Probabilistic Representations: Understanding Uncertainty in the Brain
- Nikolaus Kriegeskorte, Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience at Columbia University
- John Morrison, Associate Professor of Philosophy at Barnard College
- Matthew Sachs, Presidential Scholar in Society and Neuroscience at Columbia University
- Talk Title: An Exploration of Emotions and Their Dynamics as Reflected in Time-Varying Patterns of Brain Activation
- Christopher Baldassano, Assistant Professor of Psychology at Columbia University
- Mariusz Kozak, Associate Professor of Music at Columbia University
- Kevin Ochsner, Professor and Chair of Psychology at Columbia University
- Christopher Peacocke, Johnsonian Professor of Philosophy at Columbia University
- Moderated by Pamela Smith, Seth Low Professor of History, Chair of Presidential Scholars in Society and Neuroscience and Director of the Center for Science and Society at Columbia University
Free and open to the public. Registration is required via Eventbrite. Registered attendees will receive an event link on the day of the event.
This event is hosted by Presidential Scholars in Society and Neuroscience.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.