Applicants will have a PhD in a humanities-related discipline and will have worked in a digital humanities center or on digital humanities projects. Applicants must have experience with HTML, CSS, PHP, Python, and CMS customization.
The Interdisciplinary Research and Informatics Scholarship Center (IRIS Center) at Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville is hiring a Research Assistant Professor in Digital Humanities and Social Sciences.
The Research Assistant Professor will contribute to engaged, inclusive digital scholarship and teaching across campus. The selected candidate will serve as the initial point of referral for digital research and teaching projects. Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Offering in-depth consultations for faculty and students on digital humanities-related research and technology design.
- Designing and delivering instruction to classes, research groups, and other audiences.
- Working with colleagues on digital humanities-related publications and outreach.
- Contributing to and consulting on grant writing activities related to digital humanities projects.
- Assisting with project management for on-going IRIS Center projects.
- Mentoring students enrolled in the IRIS minor and contributing to student internships.
- Teaching the 200-level, interdisciplinary introduction to the digital humanities course yearly.
Please visit the posting webpage for full application requirements. Please email [email protected] with any questions.