• MD, PhD, JD or other doctoral-level degree and a focus on bioethics.
• Track record of externally funded research and peer-reviewed publications.
• Experience developing collaborations across specialties and disciplines.
• Proven record as an inspiring teacher and mentor.
• Well-developed communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
The Division of Ethics within the Department of Medical Humanities and Ethics at Columbia University Medical Center invites applications for a tenure track faculty position to begin in the fall of 2020. The Division seeks candidates who will contribute to its expanding research program in bioethics and teaching across the health sciences. Candidates should have a strong record of scholarship and funded research, a passion for teaching and mentoring and demonstrated skills in collaborating across disciplines. We welcome applications from scholars trained in the social sciences, law, humanities and other related disciplines. While areas of specialization and methodologies are open, Applicants with scholarly interests in artificial intelligence, neuroscience, clinical translational medicine, and/or health disparities ar encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining your interest, a statement of research and teaching experience, CV, writing sample (not more than 25 pages) and a list of three references. For full instructions, please visit the posting webpage.
Please contact Rachel Yarmolinsky (Program Director) at [email protected] with any questions.