Faculty, research scholars, and research scientists appointed within one of the five social science departments in the Faculty of Arts & Sciences at Columbia University or SIPA are eligible to apply for ISERP conference funding. At least one applicant per conference team must be a full-time faculty member.
Up to $25,000. Funding can cover travel and lodging, refreshments or meals, and a small stipend for graduate students and honoraria.
The Institute for Social and Economic Research and Policy is pleased to issue a request for conference proposals for the calendar year of January 1, 2019-December 31, 2019
Proposals will be evaluated on their intellectual merit and coherence, and their judicious use of funding. These conferences must take place at Columbia University. Conferences can focus on a single substantive or methodological topic or problem, on an event or policy, or on a set of intellectually-related issues
Conferences that are collaborative and involve faculty from more than one discipline will be given special consideration.
Applicants should submit:
- A 2-page proposal that describes the proposed conference, its goals and scholarly relevance, and its structure and organization.
- Include a proposed list of speakers and panels.
- Specify the conference’s intended audience, its size, and whether the conference is open to the university community and to the public.
- A detailed budget and budget justification, and should include all sources of funding.
- Proposals should be submitted electronically as a single PDF document to ISERP.
For more information, please visit ISERP's webpage. Please contact ISERP@columbia.edu with any questions on this process.
Additional ISERP Calls for Proposals: