Must be an undergraduate or graduate student at Columbia University (including Barnard College).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Google Docs (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter)
- Administrative experience should include data entry, filing, composing documents and spreadsheets, and performing basic research online
- Candidate should have demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team
- Experience with desktop publishing software (Adobe InDesign)
- Drupal (Columbia Sites)
- Basic video editing
$16.75/hour; approximately 10 hours per week. Work hours are flexible to suit the candidate’s needs.
The Center for Science and Society is seeking an administrative assistant to help with various general office responsibilities, with a particular focus on media and content generation. Assistant will provide onsite support for the Center, reporting to the Project Assistant. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Creating posters/flyers for Center meetings and events
- Support Project Assistant with regular updates to the Center’s website and social media platforms
- Searching and posting science and society-related news articles
- Performing basic clerical tasks such as updating Excel documents.
Please note this position may is may either be a Federal Work Study Position or a Student Casual Position. If applying as a Work Study, please go the Columbia SFS Work Study Job Portal and search for “10774”. If applying as a Student Casual, please email a resume to Darwin Eng at [email protected].