2020 Public Outreach Grants
- Paula Croxson (Associate Director for Public Programs; Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute)
- Science Talks! is a public event series which aims to bring current issues in natural and social science to K-12 students in Harlem, Washington Heights, Inwood, and the South Bronx
- Each Science Talks! event will include discussions, student-led Q&A sessions, and open laboratories.
- If necessary, these interactive public events can be hosted online.
- Created in partnership with the Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute and BioBus.
- Ellie Hisama (Professor; Department of Music)
- Zosha Di Castri (Assistant Professor; Department of Music)
- Creating a podcast to document the legacy, musical excellence, and experience of female composers in electronic music at the Computer Music Center.
- These podcasts will start conversations on the treatment of women, LGBTQ+, non-binary, and non-white composers at Columbia and in the fields of music and technology as a whole.
- The Project hopes to share this hidden history and encourage more women and girls to decide to work in music technology, computer music, electronic music.