Come see the Making & Knowing lab, where the Making and Knowing Project is reconstructing historical artisanal, technical, alchemical, and craft techniques from the 16th century. As a research cluster of the Center for Science and Society, the Project brings together participants from the humanities, arts, and sciences to foster new connections and insights through interdisciplinary research, teaching, and knowledge exchange. Pamela Smith, Seth Low Professor of History at Columbia University directs the Making and Knowing Project.
Visitors are welcome between 3:00 and 6:00 pm.
The lab is in Chandler 260, which is a building inside Havemeyer Hall:
1) Go into the main entrance of Havemeyer Hall.
2) Turn left and proceed down the hallway.
3) Turn right when you see signs for Chandler Hall.
4) Follow the signs past the Chemistry Office on your left and go through the door to Chandler Hall.
5) Turn immediately right to go down the staircase one floor and then walk down the hallway until you arrive at 260.
This event is sponsored by the Making & Knowing Project.