The Center for Social Difference at Columbia University is seeking Graduate Assistant for the 2017-18 academic year. The assistant will be paid an annual stipend of $4,000.
CSSD is an advanced study center that promotes innovative interdisciplinary scholarship on the global dynamics of gender, sexuality, ethnicity and race.
Responsibilities for the Graduate Assistant include the following:
• Provide general research and administrative support to the CSSD Director, Associate Director, and Communications/Finance Manager.
• Attend all Executive Committee meetings; record and write Committee minutes; gather, copy, circulate meeting materials; order lunch, set up, clean up after meetings
• Assist in planning and publicity for CSSD events
• Assist during CSSD events with set-up and break-down of events space
• Take photos, record video, live-Tweet, Facebook Live at CSSD events
• Write blog posts and Facebook/Twitter posts on CSSD events
• Use social media skills to increase online followers of CSSD
• Use graphic design programs to create posters advertising CSSD events
• Approximately 40 hours per semester